Many thanks to U by Kotex and Walmart for sponsoring today’s discussion.
As I was walking out of orchestra rehearsal last night, I heard a loud gasp from behind me. I turned to find a fellow cellist staring in horror at the largeness of my handbag. She then produced the world’s tiniest bag, which prompted me to return her horrified gasp. How could someone possibly keep everything they need in something so puny?
Needless to say, I have quite a few things in my bag. For this post, however, I was challenged to choose my top five handbag essentials for fall. So, after weeding out the diapers, wipes, crackers and various other “mom” supplies, I was left with five things that are definite must-haves for my fall bag.
1. Tampons. I always keep a back supply of lady products in my bag. We’ve all had that unfortunate experience of being without a tampon; not a good feeling. I like U by Kotex Click tampons because I want discrete protection. These are compact, unscented and wrapped in colorful pouches.
*Tip – Click here to get a free U by Kotex coupon.
2. Kleenex. From lipstick smudges to baby messes, Kleenex is a handbag must anytime of the year. I was excited to hear that U by Kotex boxes are currently coming with a bonus Kleenex Slim Pack (exclusively available at Walmart). I picked up the little slim pack pictured above with my U by Kotex box. I love the design – so cute!
*Tip – Click here to get a free Kleenex coupon.
3. Lip Gloss. Fall, with it’s wind and cooler temperatures, is the perfect recipe for dry lips. I prefer lip glosses to lipsticks because they offer both hydration and a hint of color. This gloss from Physicians Formula is one of my favorites. It’s a gorgeous raspberry shade, has a mirror on the side, and even lights up!
4. Tinted Moisturizer. For the same reason mentioned above, having a quality moisturizer in your bag is a fall necessity. I tend to forgo heavy foundations, and opt for a tinted moisturizer. Getting good coverage without heaviness or caking is key to a youthful complexion.
5. Hair Clips/Bobby Pins. Keep wind swept tresses tamed and out of your face with cute hair clips or bands. I always keep a handful of bobby pins in my bag too. I’m growing out my bangs and bobby pins are a lifesaver during this somewhat awkward transition.
Share and Save
So tell me – what are your top five handbag essentials? If you need to stock up on U by Kotex and Kleenex, check out their new Share and Save opportunity. The more times you share on Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook, the higher the coupon value you receive!
The offer includes three coupons for Kleenex ($0.50, $0.75, $1) and three for U by Kotex ($0.75, $1, $1.50).